OSC undertakes Independent Assurance Reviews (IAR) for industry. The purpose of an IAR is to assess if the client has used appropriate techniques, tools, rule sets, data, and assumptions, to develop robust and unbiased arguments when deciding the outcome of industrial activities, such as the fate of drill cuttings piles. IARs often do not verify technical data, outputs, conclusions, or any decisions, but focus instead on process and appropriateness of methods. This is routine procedure as part of the comparative assessment (CA) process, which uses quantitative and qualitative data to draw a balanced assessment across the main criteria of safety, technical feasibility, environmental impacts, societal impacts and project cost.
- OSC to attend A Community on Ecosystem Services 2016 conference in Florida
- Victoria & Ian Todd attend Aquatic Noise 2016 conference in Dublin
- MMO & PAM Handbook dubbed as a bible for the industry
- New publication: Meals on wheels? A decade of megafaunal visual and acoustic observations from offshore Oil & Gas rigs and platforms in the North and Irish Seas
- OSC attend New Zealand Petroleum Conference 2016