OSC undertakes Independent Assurance Reviews (IAR) for industry. The purpose of an IAR is to assess if the client has used appropriate techniques, tools, rule sets, data, and assumptions, to develop robust and unbiased arguments when deciding the outcome of industrial activities, such as the fate of drill cuttings piles. IARs often do not verify technical data, outputs, conclusions, or any decisions, but focus instead on process and appropriateness of methods. This is routine procedure as part of the comparative assessment (CA) process, which uses quantitative and qualitative data to draw a balanced assessment across the main criteria of safety, technical feasibility, environmental impacts, societal impacts and project cost.
- Dr Victoria Todd presented at the 2017 Petroleum Exploration & Production Association of New Zealand (PEPANZ) Conference
- 31st Annual Conference of the European Cetacean Society 2017
- WARNING: Fraudulent email identity theft
- OSC will be presenting at the 24th International congress on Sound and Vibration
- Publication: Measurements of underwater conductor hammering noise: compliance with the German UBA limit and relevance to the harbour porpoise (Phocoena phocoena)