Details of all OSC’s current vacancies are listed below.
Vacancies: MMO and PAM vacancies
Salary: competitive, dependent on qualifications and experience
Ocean Science Consulting Limited (OSC) seeks to expand its UK-based team. This is a rare opportunity for permanent, full-time employment as an MMO and/or PAM operator. Applicants should be able to assist competently with reports, publications, articles, and must be self-motivated when offshore to continue these tasks during project downtime. These roles should be based primarily offshore, with project durations lasting from a few days to months at a time, and between offshore projects, personnel will contribute to shore-based duties at the Company’s HQ in Dunbar, Scotland.
OSC is a privately-owned technology-focused international marine science company involved principally in the global supply of underwater noise measurement and modelling, marine mammal monitoring, and risk mitigation services. OSC reinvests >80% of profits into Research & Development (R&D), orientated primarily towards high-level research on the harbour porpoise (Phocoena phocoena) and other marine life interactions with offshore installations, improving marine mammal and environmental monitoring standards worldwide, and underwater noise measurement.
OSC’s research has resulted in several peer-reviewed publications (www.osc.co.uk/publications-and-press-covers) and a non-profit book entitled the Marine Mammal Observer and Passive Acoustic Monitoring Handbook (www.pelagicpublishing.com/the-marine-mammal-observer-and-passive-acoustic-monitoring-handbook.html)
Individual Job descriptions can be found on: https://www.osc.co.uk/careers/vacancies/
A successful candidate will have the following:
- A degree (minimum 2:1) in a relevant scientific marine discipline (marine biology/ oceanography/marine ecology);
- A genuine interest in marine mammals, the processes by which they are studied, and an understanding of the physical parameters of the ocean which affect them;
- Prior MMO/PAM work in either research or commercial sector, an interest in spending time aboard vessels/rigs collecting data in a variety of weather conditions;
- MMO/PAM JNCC certification;
- BOSIET, and offshore medical (O&G or ENG1);
- UK or EU citizenship, or visa which permits work within the UK and EU;
- Ability to work offshore for prolonged periods of time;
- Ability to collaborate within a team setting to produce high calibre publications and reports;
- Ability to prioritise workloads, and to work under pressure when met with deadlines; and,
- Genuine interest about the business and industry, including commercial awareness.
Apply only if you meet the requirements. Preference will go towards those with pre-existing offshore certifications, or those willing to acquire qualifications before commencing employment. A sense of humour helps in this industry role. Short-listed candidates should expect to receive small written and skills tests during the interview process.
If interested, please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please activate a return/read receipt function on your email application, as we expect high volumes of applicants.
Application deadline: 18th November 2019
OSC Recruitment Team