The 8th Annual Decommissioning & Abandonment Summit, is taking place currently (23-25 February 2016) in Houston, Texas (www.decomworld.com/decommissioning). Whilst not attending the conference in person, Dr Victoria Todd has put together a video that discusses OSC’s 12-year on-going research program on marine mammals and decommissioning in the North Sea. Subsea structures host marine communities, and are as such attractive foraging grounds for marine mammals, which is demonstrated through OSC’s acoustic research which has indicated that harbour porpoises (Phocoena phocoena) are feeding around Oil and Gas rigs and platforms in the North Sea.
- OSC’s newest publication on ‘Underwater Visual Records of Marine Megafauna Around Offshore Anthropogenic Structures’ has been released today
- Publication of our article on enhancing industrial Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) for scientific purposes
- Release of OSC’s new German website
- Job Vacancy: Biological Oceanographer/Statistical Modeller
- Job Vacancy: Marine Technician