Position title: Business Development & Marketing
Employment: Full-time/permanent position
Salary: Competitive, depending on qualifications and experience
Location: Dunbar, East Lothian, Scotland, UK
Application deadline: Open until filled – applications reviewed on a rolling basis
Ocean Science Consulting Limited (OSC) is a technology-focused marine science company involved principally in providing environmental services worldwide. OSC specialises in marine mammal and underwater-sound monitoring, acoustical and statistical modelling, ROV surveys, and image-data analyses, and is currently expanding its services portfolio. OSC has a track record for providing environmental monitoring (mitigation for regulatory compliance) and scientific research (field studies and experiments) for a large clientele and range of marine industries.
OSC is seeking a highly motivated professional, with strong commercial awareness and previous experience of offshore industries (e.g. windfarms, tidal energy, oil & gas, decommissioning, harbour construction, pipeline, etc.) to join its growing team. The successful candidate will identify and generate business opportunities in new sectors and/or markets, build and maintain profitable partnerships with stakeholders, develop and execute short- and long-term business strategies, and work in collaboration with technical and scientific staff to contribute to preparation and submission of business proposals and tenders.
- Maintain and expand client base to cultivate a network of contacts and develop strong professional relationships;
- Identify opportunities and engage via email, telephone, and in-person;
- Strategic and business development planning to define sales and commercial objectives, create and assess strategies, and then put them into practice;
- Liaise with Directors & senior managers to plan and execute new business strategies and targeted marketing campaigns based on specific industry information
- Develop new business for new technologies and services, soon to be offered by OSC;
- Utilise LinkedIn and other social media resources to research and approach relevant contacts;
- Organize business development activities into a formal process;
- Follow up with clients to ensure opportunities progress and clients are satisfied;
- Manage marketing tasks to effectively and efficiently respond to opportunities; and,
- Coordinate with other staff to prepare proposals, marketing and presentation materials.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A degree (minimum 2:1) in a relevant business, economics or environmental discipline (business consultancy, marketing, marine biology/ecology, environmental science, etc);
- Minimum of three years relevant commercial experience;
- Strong business acumen, client-oriented, and focused on results;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with ability to produce technical documents;
- Ability to develop strong relationships, and work effectively across teams from contractors to Directors and with clients;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent organisation skills, and flexibility when met with changing circumstances;
- Demonstrated sales drive, determination, and dedication;
- Ability to collaborate within a team setting to produce high-calibre tenders;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Ability to prioritise workloads, and to work under pressure when met with deadlines; and,
- Genuine interest about the business, and the industry.
- Knowledge and experience of marine mammal surveys and mitigation;
- Prior knowledge or experience of ornithology;
- Understanding of Intellectual Property requirements; and,
- Experience reviewing contracts.
OSC is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also supply contact details for three clients who we can contact for references. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
OSC Recruitment Team.