Dunbar, East Lothian, UK
Contract position. Full time/part time options available
£19,000–£21,000 pro rata. Salary dependent on qualifications and experience. If self-employed (i.e. responsible for own tax), hourly rate can be discussed.
09:00-17:30 Monday–Friday, 1-hour lunch break. Occasional work outside this time or on weekends may be required.
Anything and everything to do with working on a yard in an industrial estate. General maintenance and repairs of two-acre industrial grounds and buildings, groundworks on 15-acre smallholding estate, and other commercial and residential properties as required, for which duties include, but are not limited to:
- Digger driving – trenching, pipe-laying, backfilling, groundworks, etc.;
- Wood chopping, tree-felling, gardening, mowing, strimming, weedkilling, etc.;
- Cementing, wall repair/wall building (basic masonry), pointing, painting, cleaning, etc.;
- Repairs and basic carpentry & plumbing;
- Repairs and basic electrics;
- Servicing/maintenance of equipment;
- Recycling and bins schedule;
- Taking palleted deliveries, including occasional weekends, which is why local person preferred;
- Preparing palleted equipment for shipping;
- Day-to-day yard-related expenditure and liaising with admin/science staff; and,
- Keeping warehouse tidy and safe.
- Desirable, but not essential
- Ticketed for forklift, backhoe loader, minidigger, teleloader etc.
Qualifications, skills, & experience
Must be able to work legally in the UK. Must have full UK driving licence, preferably clean (declare if not for insurance purposes to drive company vehicles), speak fluent English, able to send emails (daily reports
at end of the day to management), and be able to respect and take instructions from a predominantly female international staff base from ten different nationalities. Must be non-aggressive, communicative,
hardworking, reliable, honest, and punctual. All OSC workers sign Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), due to the sensitive nature of their work. Dog and animal friendly – there is a dog on site, and occasional
rescued wildlife, as the employer is an environmental consultancy.
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. The post is open until filled, so if interested, apply ASAP.