Position title: Logistics and Project Support Officer
Employment: Full-time/part-time (flexible considered) permanent position
Salary: £22–28,000 pro-rata, dependent on qualifications and experience
Location: Dunbar, East Lothian, Scotland, UK
Application deadline: 1st June 2021
Ocean Science Consulting Limited (OSC) is a privately-owned and technology-focused marine-science company involved principally in the global supply of underwater noise and marine mammal monitoring, modelling, and risk mitigation services.
This is an opportunity for permanent, full, or part-time employment as a Logistics & Project Support Officer. Applicants require a high level of planning, prioritisation, attention to detail, and multitasking skills to support marine-based projects including, but not limited to, Marine Mammal Observation (MMO), Passive Acoustic Monitoring (PAM), and noise measurement. The candidate must be able to co-ordinate personnel and freight logistics, and assist with planning and execution of projects.
This role is based in Dunbar, Scotland, and is not suitable for remote working. The candidate will work closely with OSC’s consultants, offshore personnel, management staff, and contractors, at short notice, and sometimes outside usual working hours. Previous experience in a similar offshore industry is desirable.
Individual job descriptions can be found at: http://www.osc.co.uk/careers
- Prepare relevant shipping documentation (not only packing lists);
- Handle enquiries and other aspects of customer service as required;
- Communicate with UK and overseas agents to effectively manage consignments;
- Support project administration, organisation, and planning;
- Create and/or maintain risk assessments and company policies;
- Provide information to project leads on project-related matters; and,
- Support colleagues and other departments when required.
Skills and experience:
- UK citizenship, or visa which permits work within UK;
- Experience in logistics administration, invoices, courier, and export documentation;
- Knowledge of import/export legislation, international trade agreements and compliance;
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills;
- A positive and engaging personality with a ‘can do’ attitude;
- A team player with an ability to work with little supervision and use their own initiative;
- Excellent prioritisation, multitasking and problem-solving skills;
- Experience arranging logistics for staff & contractors;
- Experience with stock control and good attention to detail;
- Familiarity with Microsoft software products; and,
- Genuine interest about the business, and the industry including commercial awareness.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.