Personal Assistant to Directors and General Administrator
Dunbar, East Lothian, UK
Full time, 09:00-17:30
- Assisting Directors and managing their appointments and logistics as required;
- Assisting Directors with personal matters to maximise their business time;
- Acting as the company’s first point of contact, by phone, email, and post;
- Managing complex diaries, logistics, membership, licence renewals, utilities, etc;
- HR and dealing with OSC’s recruitment database;
- Organising freight and shipping;
- Completing pre-qualification questionnaires for contracts and tenders;
- Inbox management – monitoring, reading, and prioritising several email addresses including recruitment;
- Arranging/facilitating meetings, taking notes, issuing minutes and next steps;
- Planning, organising, and managing events (e.g. dinners, contractors, repairs);
- Arranging international travel including visas, flights, transfers, accommodation, and complex itineraries across numerous time zones for multiple people;
- Logistics coordination of both people and equipment;
- Preparation and submission of expenses and very basic book-keeping;
- Day-to-day office management/streamlining costs and expenditure; and,
- General office administration (e.g. insurance, HSE, etc).
- Maintaining company’s International Organization for Standardization (ISO) certifications;
- Stock control, including warehouse; and,
- Carry out any duties which your line manager may reasonably request within the broad parameters of your role.
Qualifications, skills, & experience
Ideally, an undergraduate degree in any subject matter (science is a bonus), but a degree is not a pre-requisite for this role. Excellent writing, grammar and punctuation, verbal, and numeracy skills. Able to read the small print in contracts, especially utilities. Friendly, organised, able to prioritise, super-quick response rate in-line with a company that works 365 days of the year in the offshore industry, and a demonstrated ability to be able to file efficiently. Preferred experience supporting a senior business leader of a comparable company. Professional, discreet, positive and happy attitude, honest, motivated and diligent without encouragement, able to complete projects from start to finish, capable of autonomous thought, exhibit initiative (often under pressure with minimal deadlines and resources), volunteer ideas for improvements and progress without request, excellent phone manner, willingness for involvement in a wide variety of tasks (including unfamiliar territory), prepared to work in a fast-paced-work environment and meet tight deadlines, and work equally as well independently and as part of a team, IT and tech-savvy (in particular with Outlook, Office 365), adept at multitasking,(PAs can be involved in multiple projects simultaneously), interested about OSC and its industry, commercially-aware, flexible with working hours (altering start and finish times to reflect management’s requirements across our different world-wide office locations and time zones, and will include occasional evenings and weekends).
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates may be contacted. Deadline: 30 July 2018