OSC is committed fully to abiding by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/689.To this effect, OSC will obtain, handle, process, store, and destroy personal information, as required under GDPR.
OSC is committed to:
- Ensuring we comply with the six data protection principles;
- Meeting our legal obligations as laid down by GDPR;
- Processing personal data only in order to meet our operational needs or fulfil legal requirements;
- Ensuring all staff have read and understood this policy document;
- Providing adequate training for all staff responsible for personal data;
- Only providing personal data to outside company’s if necessary for your legitimate interest, with explicit consent, and, or it is necessary for the performance of a contract;
- Ensuring anyone handling personal data knows where to find further guidance;
- Ensuring all staff contact the nominated Data Privacy Officer if in any doubt, and not to jeopardise individuals’ rights or risk a contravention of GDPR;
- Ensuring that queries about data protection, internal and external to the organisation, are dealt with effectively and promptly; and,
- Regularly reviewing data protection procedures and guidelines within the organisation.
Following data protection principles, OSC ensures information is:
- Used fairly and lawfully;
- Used for limited, specifically stated purposes;
- Used in a way that is adequate, relevant, and not excessive;
- Kept for no longer than is necessary;
- Handled according to people’s data protection rights;
- Kept safe and secure; and,
- Not transferred outside the UK without adequate protection.
OSC recognises and understands the consequences of failure to comply with the requirements of GDPR
The OSC website is hosted by a third party, the servers automatically log data of your visit to the website based on your IP address.
- The cookies do not in any way save or reveal personal information, and your information will remain completely anonymous. Furthermore, cookies of this nature will expire when you close your web browser program
By continuing to use the web site, you are agreeing to OSC’s usage of cookies, and no further action is required. You can delete or stop cookies being stored on your computer by changing the settings on your internet browser. Please note that blocking cookies may reduce the functionality of some websites.