OSC undertakes Independent Assurance Reviews (IAR) for industry. The purpose of an IAR is to assess if the client has used appropriate techniques, tools, rule sets, data, and assumptions, to develop robust and unbiased arguments when deciding the outcome of industrial activities, such as the fate of drill cuttings piles. IARs often do not verify technical data, outputs, conclusions, or any decisions, but focus instead on process and appropriateness of methods. This is routine procedure as part of the comparative assessment (CA) process, which uses quantitative and qualitative data to draw a balanced assessment across the main criteria of safety, technical feasibility, environmental impacts, societal impacts and project cost.
- Publication of our article on changes in fish school characteristics
- Publication of OSC’s newest Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) paper
- Are P values and hypothesis testing obsolete?
- Publication of our newest bat paper
- OSC Helping to Support UKRI/EPSRC funded Doctoral Training in Mathematical Modelling, Analysis and Computation (“MAC-MIGS”)